IObyte System Care
IObyte System Care by IObyte is self-promoted as a “complete system analysists and protection” program that scans Windows for Malware/Pup Threats, ways to Enhance System Performance, System/User Software Related issues, and Startup/Uninstall and User Items to clean malware and improve system stability. The publisher describes IObyte System Care as a registry cleaner and antivirus utility-hybrid for Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 Operating Systems. Nevertheless, IObyte System Care is considered to be another run of the mill rogue potentially unwanted program that Windows users should stay far away from.
IObyte System Care is considered to be riskware, scareware, a potentially unwanted program, malware, and rogue for various reasons:
- IObyte System Care will detect items that are not malicious and do not affect performance.
- IObyte System Care bundles with malware, adware, spyware, and PUPs.
- IObyte System Care is not free to use.
IObyte System Care can be installed by free programs, it is promoted in advertisements served by malicious ad-networks, and it often bundles with malware and potentially unwanted programs. It is important to be aware when installing anything from the internet as the threat may be offered as an advanced or custom installation.
Should I Remove IObyte System Care?
Yes, you should remove IObyte System Care. IObyte System Care has a high enough detection rate and a bad enough online reputation to be considered malicious or a potential threat. In addition, the program is linked to various reports of malicious or potentially malicious behavior.
According to 70 antivirus scanners and URL/domain blacklisting services provided by Google’s free VirusTotal service, IObyte System Care is detected by 8/70 antivirus engines as a threat or potential threat.
These are symptoms that may occur once IObyte System Care is installed:
- You may find other malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, computer viruses, and potentially unwanted programs on your computer or mobile device.
- You may notice pop-up advertisements while you browse the web.
- You may notice new Notifications on Windows.
- Your browser settings may have been modified which may cause your browser to redirect to another website when you open a new browser window, open a new tab in a currently opened browser window, or search the web.
- Your internet browser may not perform as usual and may become slow or crash.
- Browser extensions and add-ons you do not recognize may have been installed on your internet browser.
- You may receive spam email messages and unwanted telephone calls if your information was acquired by a third-party.
- Your computer may not perform as usual and may become slow or crash.
Now that you know why you should remove this threat follow the instructions below to ensure that your computer or device is clean. The instructions below explain how to remove IObyte System Care and other threats including malware and computer viruses from your computing device.
How to Remove IObyte System Care
- First, download and install Malwarebytes to scan your computer and remove IObyte System Care. There is also a mobile version of Malwarebytes that can be used to eradicate threats on your mobile device.
- Once you have installed Malwarebytes, run a scan by opening the program and clicking the Scan Now button. Additionally, you may visit the Scan tab and select the type of scan you want to perform.
- When the scan is complete you will be presented with a list of threats that Malwarebytes found on your computing device. The detections in the list should be automatically selected by default, if they’re not, make sure that all detections have been selected and click the Quarantine Selected button.
- Finally, you may need to restart your computer. Click the Yes button to restart your computer if you are prompted to by Malwarebytes once all detections have been quarantined.
Additional Removal Options
It pays off to be cautious if your computer is infected with malware or a virus. Use these additional removal options to remove IObyte System Care and other threats.
Remaining traces of malware may still be present on a computer once the primary threat has been removed. The best way to remove remaining traces of malware or other threats missed by an initial scan is to perform a second-opinion scan with another reputable antivirus or anti-malware program such as HitmanPro. Download and install HitmanPro, then scan your computer to locate and remove remaining threats if applicable.