Simple PC Optimizer
Simple PC Optimizer by Corel, or Simple Start (simplestar.com), is self-promoted as “a multi-purpose utility that will diagnose issues on your PC, safely repair them, and provide other maintenance and optimization recommendations.” Nevertheless, Simple PC Optimizer is considered to be another run of the mill rogue potentially unwanted program (PUP) that Windows users should stay far away from.
Simple PC Optimizer is considered to be riskware, scareware, a potentially unwanted program, malware, and rogue for various reasons:
- Simple PC Optimizer will detect items that are not malicious and do not affect performance.
- Simple PC Optimizer bundles with malware, adware, spyware, and PUPs.
- Simple PC Optimizer is not free to use.
Simple PC Optimizer can be installed by free programs, it is promoted in advertisements served by malicious ad-networks, and it often bundles with malware and potentially unwanted programs. It is important to be aware when installing anything from the internet as the threat may be offered as an advanced or custom installation.
Should I Remove Simple PC Optimizer?
Yes, you should remove Simple PC Optimizer. Simple PC Optimizer has a high enough detection rate and a bad enough online reputation to be considered malicious or a potential threat. In addition, the program is linked to various reports of malicious or potentially malicious behavior.
According to 70 antivirus scanners and URL/domain blacklisting services provided by Google’s free VirusTotal service, Simple PC Optimizer is detected by 8/70 antivirus engines as a threat or potential threat.
These are symptoms that may occur once Simple PC Optimizer is installed:
- You may find other malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, computer viruses, and potentially unwanted programs on your computer or mobile device.
- You may notice pop-up advertisements while you browse the web.
- You may notice new Notifications on Windows.
- Your browser settings may have been modified which may cause your browser to redirect to another website when you open a new browser window, open a new tab in a currently opened browser window, or search the web.
- Your internet browser may not perform as usual and may become slow or crash.
- Browser extensions and add-ons you do not recognize may have been installed on your internet browser.
- You may receive spam email messages and unwanted telephone calls if your information was acquired by a third-party.
- Your computer may not perform as usual and may become slow or crash.
Now that you know why you should remove this threat follow the instructions below to ensure that your computer or device is clean. The instructions below explain how to remove Simple PC Optimizer and other threats including malware and computer viruses from your computing device.
How to Remove Simple PC Optimizer
- First, download and install Malwarebytes to scan your computer and remove Simple PC Optimizer. There is also a mobile version of Malwarebytes that can be used to eradicate threats on your mobile device.
- Once you have installed Malwarebytes, run a scan by opening the program and clicking the Scan Now button. Additionally, you may visit the Scan tab and select the type of scan you want to perform.
- When the scan is complete you will be presented with a list of threats that Malwarebytes found on your computing device. The detections in the list should be automatically selected by default, if they’re not, make sure that all detections have been selected and click the Quarantine Selected button.
- Finally, you may need to restart your computer. Click the Yes button to restart your computer if you are prompted to by Malwarebytes once all detections have been quarantined.
Additional Removal Options
It pays off to be cautious if your computer is infected with malware or a virus. Use these additional removal options to remove Simple PC Optimizer and other threats.
Remaining traces of malware may still be present on a computer once the primary threat has been removed. The best way to remove remaining traces of malware or other threats missed by an initial scan is to perform a second-opinion scan with another reputable antivirus or anti-malware program such as HitmanPro. Download and install HitmanPro, then scan your computer to locate and remove remaining threats if applicable.