Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite
Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite, or Segurazo Antivirus, is self-promoted as antivirus software for Windows operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. The software claims that it can be used to scan for and remove malware, adware, spyware, and other dangers from a computer. Nevertheless, Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite is considered to be another run of the mill antivirus program that you should stay away from.
Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite has a history of unethical marketing practices. For example, the software may claim to be something it is not, including free to use antivirus program, in order to deceive users into downloading and using it. The software also leverages suspect advertising networks that may advertise Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite alongside known malware and bundle the software with known malware. Furthermore, the software may show results that are misleading and false for the purpose of acquiring customers.
Should I Remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite?
Yes, you should remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite. Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite has a high detection rate and bad online reputation with many complaints compiled over a long period of time. The program is linked to various reports of malicious or potentially malicious behavior.
According to over 70 antivirus scanners and URL/domain blacklisting services provided by Google’s free VirusTotal service, Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite is detected by 23/69 antivirus engines as a threat or potential threat.
Out of the antivirus engines that scanned a test file for Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite, Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite was primarily detected as a potential threat or risk. Detection names included PUP/Win32, ApplicUnwnt, W32/Trojan, Unsafe, A Variant Of Win32, Riskware, Hoax.Win32, PUA:Win32, Program.Unwanted, Malicious (high Confidence), PUP.Optional, Artemis, Trojan.Generic, TROJ_FRS, and PUA.
- You may find other malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, computer viruses, and potentially unwanted programs on your computer or mobile device.
- You may notice pop-up advertisements while you browse the web.
- You may notice new Notifications on Windows.
- Your browser settings may have been modified which may cause your browser to redirect to another website when you open a new browser window, open a new tab in a currently opened browser window, or search the web.
- Your internet browser may not perform as usual and may become slow or crash.
- Browser extensions and add-ons you do not recognize may have been installed on your internet browser.
- You may receive spam email messages and unwanted telephone calls if your information was acquired by a third-party.
- Your computer may not perform as usual and may become slow or crash.
Now that you know why you should remove this threat follow the instructions below to ensure that your computer or device is clean. The instructions below explain how to remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite and other threats including malware and computer viruses from your computing device.
How to Remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite
- First, download and install Malwarebytes to scan your computer and remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite. There is also a mobile version of Malwarebytes that can be used to eradicate threats on your mobile device.
- Once you have installed Malwarebytes, run a scan by opening the program and clicking the Scan Now button. Additionally, you may visit the Scan tab and select the type of scan you want to perform.
- When the scan is complete you will be presented with a list of threats that Malwarebytes found on your computing device. The detections in the list should be automatically selected by default, if they’re not, make sure that all detections have been selected and click the Quarantine Selected button.
- Finally, you may need to restart your computer. Click the Yes button to restart your computer if you are prompted to by Malwarebytes once all detections have been quarantined.
Additional Removal Options
It pays off to be cautious if your computer is infected with malware or a virus. Use these additional removal options to remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite and other threats.
Remaining traces of malware may still be present on a computer once the primary threat has been removed. The best way to remove remaining traces of malware or other threats missed by an initial scan is to perform a second-opinion scan with another reputable antivirus or anti-malware program such as HitmanPro. Download and install HitmanPro, then scan your computer to locate and remove remaining threats if applicable.